Visions Leadership Team
What is the Visions Leadership Team?
- The Visions Leadership Team is made up of teens, young adults and adults who volunteer to help in the "GEN 1" Youth Ministry program, using their gifts and talents to enrich the lives of the teens and their families that we serve.
- I continue to remind those who ask this question that God does not call the qualified but he qualifies the called! It does take commitment to be a part of Visions. You have the opportunity to chose your level of commitment by which programs you chose to serve. Each has a different level of commitment.
- they help with the Jr. High Monday Night Ministry program
- they plan and present Confirmation Gatherings
- they plan and present Confirmation Large Group gatherings
- they plan and facilitate all of the "GEN 1" Youth Ministry retreats
- they plan and present special events for our teens
- they help with special events for the parish
- they spend time in community with one another
- they pray together
- they must attend one leadership training course per month
- they must attend one spiritual growth event per month
- they must attend at least 3/4 of all planning meetings for the activity or event that they will lead.
- they must be active participants in all facets of the activity or event that they commit to
- The plain and simple answer is YOU! We are actively seeking new members to join the Visions Leadership Team. There are hundreds of ways that you can be a part of this dynamic group of young people. If you are not sure of going one on one with our teens maybe your gifts lay in organization, clerical, decorating, cooking, event planning, artistic endeavors, communications or marketing. You name it and we can use your gifts and talents.
- We need volunteers of all ages. Especially adults and/or seniors. Our teens are the first to admit that many times the most important lessons are those that they learn from their grandparents. And as per the rules of the Diocese of Orange we must have at least two adult chaperones over the age of 25 for the first 8 teens and one for every 10 teens after that every time the teens assemble for any reason.
- Maybe your time is limited. We are also in great need of consultants in the areas of communication, marketing, planning curriculum and budgeting. These items could be done outside the program and at your convenience.
- And of course we need teens and young adults. As adults we can never be a teenager trying to live as a person of faith in the current year so we can never really know your needs. It is up to you to help guide us in the planning of our programs so that we truly are serving the needs of our teens. Pope Francis recently sent this amazing message to the young people of our Church:
I believe that serving the Church by becoming a member of the Visions Leadership Team that you will achieve and share "Great Things" of you and your Generosity. As a member of our team you will be "Aiming High" with each and every activity.